Online Dairy Shop
Keeping it local… Dairy products from the Eastern Cape!
Easy Milk Cake RecipeRead More
You will need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl and then add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder, then gradually add to egg mixture.
- Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until butter is melted, then gradually add to the batter, whisking until smooth.
- Pour batter in cake pan (approx. 22-23 cm) and bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar, then sprinkle on top of the cake.